Axon Detect is a software package for forensic image authentication and tamper detection on digital photos. Detect provides a suite of different tools to determine whether an image is an unaltered original, an original generated by a specific device, or the result of manipulation with photo editing software, which may not be accepted as evidence. Current products and processes are focused on only a few or even a single scientific tool. Detect puts the power of multiple tests, procedures, and reporting in one package to improve the user's ability to detect tampered images or determine originality.
Understanding if an image is an original or the result of manipulation is not as easy task. Until now only a few world-recognized experts were able to determine if an image used as evidence in court was effectively an original or if someone had tampered with it, making it unacceptable as evidence or alibi. Experts have previously had to do this with self-made tools, very specialized scientific techniques, or a cobbled-together set of very expensive math/engineering tools. Today, the number of times that experts are asked to provide some insight on the authenticity of a photo are increasing at a drastic rate. The courts and savvy defense attorneys and prosecutors have begun to understand how easy it is to manipulate a digital picture.
With Axon Detect, evidence is credible from capture to courtroom.
- Filters: 20+ filters (hex strings, LGA, etc.) with customizable configuration and optional post-processing parameters
- Speed: Batch processing applies all filters to all images in a folder. Saved cache folders allow for speedy follow-up analysis
- Ballistics: Image ballistics tools allow you to verify which camera was used to shoot a particular image
- Comparison: Compare the results of two images side by side to understand where and how an image has been modified
- Integrations: Excel, Google Maps, Google Images, Flickr and TinEye integrations pull all the information you need
With Detect, Axon empowers law enforcement experts and forensic labs with a tool able to discover any tampering that has been done on an image and verify if a digital photograph has been generated by a specific device. Our camera ballistics determines that a specific device—and not just the make or model—was used to generate a specific picture. This tool scientifically determines the origin of a photo, not just a comparison of various patterns in a database. Axon has integrated in a single and easy to use package forensically accepted techniques that were previously available only to top-notch researchers.
Axon Detect is part of the Axon Forensic Suite of tools for investigators. Contact us for a demo today.